Small business owners who visit clients outside the office often use laptops to stay in touch and keep productivity up. The Southwestern College SBDC recently came across some steps to keep your laptop safe–and in your possession from OnGuard Online. Here are some things you can do to keep track of your laptop:
- Treat it like cash.
- Get it out of the car…don’t ever leave it behind.
- Keep it locked…use a security cable.
- Keep it off the floor…or at least between your feet.
- Keep passwords separate…not near the laptop or case.
- Don’t leave it “for just a sec”…no matter where you are.
- Pay attention in airports…especially at security.
- Use bells and whistles…if you’ve got an alarm, turn it on.
Get more details at the website, http://www.onguardonline.gov/topics/laptop-security.aspx